Monday, August 15, 2011

Moving to or in Buffalo, NY... Read this 1st... save yourself from KISSLING INTEREST

I have been living in Buffalo for 4 1/2 months now and although my experience in the town and with the people have been great my living experience has been the worst in my life. I've been a renter since 1998. I have been friendly with all my landlords and supers. I have loved each of my apartments in some way and remember them all fondly.  I even have a really great reference letter from my place in D.C. and my place in Houston told me if I ever returned to make sure and give them a call. I can honestly say I am an ideal tenant. I pay on time. I keep a clean place and always leave my places move in ready. I can say all of this about myself without a doubt. I'm not trying to say I'm a perfect angel but I am by normal standards a great tenant.

In the 4 months I've had my Buffalo apartment I've received 2 late fees I am fighting and I have many complaints. Kissling I'm finding out quickly is a fee happy company. I can not let Kissling Interest go on with out issuing a formal complaint. I've never had to do that. This is not typical for me. I'm usually a grin and bare it type person but I can not let this one go. I have gathered reviews and I am posting them here in this blog so that I can maybe save someone else from what I am going through. Future Kissling Interest renters beware. Please keep reading.

No matter how great some of these properties are and some of them really are appealing DO NOT RENT FROM KISSLING INTERESTS  beware of what you will see on the Kissling Interest link below proceed with caution:

http://www.kapts.com/

If you wish to rent from Kissling Interest PLEASE do your research. I have tried to make this process slightly easier for you by posting links to some of the reviews I find could be helpful to you.  Some may seem outdated but know that I back up these reviews and I am a current tenant:


http://estrip.org/articles/read/heidi/53113

Key quotes from the above review- "If you are not an absolutely perfect person and tenant, you will pay lots and lots and lots of extra money...I cleaned the apartment thoroughly when I left - it was cleaner than when I moved in, it was clean enough for someone else to move into immediately, it was spotless, and they still took $40 out of my security deposit, and if I want to contest it, I have to hire a lawyer."

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/NY-Buffalo-Kissling-Interests-953207.html

Key quotes from the above review-  "We paid our rent every month ON TIME... and we got a bill saying we owed them $100 for late payments. I have had to call them to fight them more times than i can count." (Note: in this case Kissling Interests blamed this on a fired employee however in the 2 years since this review I can tell you nothing has changed)


The following review is hard to read because of the reviewers grammar but it has important points so I've included it:

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/kissling-interests-llc-c230179.html

Key quote from the above review- "Overall [these] people are very unprofessional, rude, [don't] perform a [good] job or service and I hate how every month I have to send them evidence of not having any balance pending cuz they are always saying you [owe] them something."

Also read the comments on the above review. You'll get more complaints and helpful info.

One key comments on the above reveiw-


"they don't answer the phones...you always get an answering machine"

http://www.apartmentreviews.net/ratings/new-york/buffalo/kissling-interests-r87956.htm

Key quotes from the above reviews-  "unwarranted late fees on my rent"


and here is my 1st review of Kissling Interests. I may post this anywhere I can. Yes they have me that worked up and the more I read the more worked up I get:

http://www.apartmentratings.com/rate/NY-Buffalo-Kissling-Interests-1302880.html

Please know the power of the blog is strong and news travel. If you know anyone who is moving to Buffalo, NY or looking for a new place here in Buffalo please pass this blog on to them and save them some time, money, and pain.







3 comments:

  1. Sorry to see this happen to you since you've only been in Buffalo for such a short time. I don't rent anymore but most of my dealings with landlords in the city was fairly horrible. Good luck to you though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a small time landlord in Buffalo (Elmwwod/Allen) I apologize for the behavior of KISSLING. Please understand that they are not to be seen as the norm. As a local growing up in the area I heard bad things. I wish you the best and love reading what you write!

    -Sean from Buffalo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ready on NYMag you were a native Texas living in Buffalo. I like Buffalo the four times I've been there from San Antonio. It's nice from all I've seen and love that they still have Kmart there (specifically the one off Walden). Heard UB is a good school, and if my job transfers me to Buffalo, I'll be very happy.

    ReplyDelete